Google
 

June 15, 2007

Eggless Masala French Toast



All my bags are packed I am ready to go!
I'm not talking about John Denver's song.

Oops I did it again!
No, I'm not talking Spears' song.

I'm talking about what I just did... for the second time in 2 weeks. Found a recipe on a blog I visit and made it within a few hours. I leave home in an hour or two to go home. I didn't feel like cooking something just for myself. I didn't feel like Maggi or a dosa or any of those things. As I was winding up my work for the day, I went to Food Blog Desam and saw that Coffee had put up a post that said "Guess". I clicked on that link but it didn't take me to the page where I could find a guessing contest. I browsed a little and found a recipe for an Eggless French Toast. I decided that this was what I wanted to eat.

But I only had some Amul Masti Buttermilk and no curds. No ginger paste. So I said, let me make do with what I have. I remembered the packet of Vegit Aloo Mash. Thanks for the inspiration, Coffee. I loved eating this for a light lunch just now.



Ingredients:

2 slices of Bread
1 small Onion, chopped finely
1 green Chilli, chopped finely
100 ml Amul Masti Spiced Buttermilk
1/4 cup Aloo Mash (or a medium sized potato, cooked and mashed)
1/4 cup Rava
2 tbsp Coriander Leaves, chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying




Mix all the ingredients except for the bread and oil and let the mixture wait for a minute or two. The potato mash powder should soak up the liquid and become soft. Dip the bread slices in the batter and coat both sides evenly.


Shallow fry on a tawa using oil as necessary and enjoy it with Tomato Sauce.

And I am giving Coffee a taste of her own medicine... oops... french toast! This is my entry to The Spice Cafe for July's Monthly Blog Patrol: Going Lite.

8 comments:

FH said...

Raaga,looks exactly like Coffee's and I got confused for a minute!:))
Looks delicious.You get alu mash!!Never knew,thanks:))

Richa said...

hey, loved the idea of adding mashed alu, will try that next time :) liked ur dhania matar paneer as well! enjoy ur stay at 'home' :)

Sia said...

wohaa.... girl, u r on cooking spree...so many posts since i last saw(guess yesterday) ur tomato upma:)
read that u r leaving to ur "parents" home:) have a wonderful time with them... wishing u a very happy n safe journey:)

Seema Bhat said...

Wooo hoo thanks for yet another egg less recipe for French toast. Looks delicious Raaga.

Sharmi said...

now that every body is making it I should also give it a try. looks good.

Raaga said...

@Asha: Thanks. Aloo Mash was launched last year. I find it super convenient.

@Richa: I am having a great time at home. The aloo did make the toast taste lovely. And the dhania in mutter paneer is subtlely different.

@Sia: At this rate, I'll be sent to a deaddiction camp soon. Will it be held within the blogosphere?? Hmm, I wonder.

@Seema: necessity is the mother of invention :)

@Sharmi: Let me know how it comes out.

Thanks for all the lovely wishes girls. Am enjoying my stay and have just given my mother a guided tour of my blog and some of yours too.

Coffee said...

WAH!!!!! Now that was super quick!!!!! And it looks exactly the same! :) I am so happy you tried it and loved it as well. :) Have a lovely time at your parents place and enjoy. :)

You can actually send it to MBP this month. Check out the details on my blog if you want to. :)

Sunshinemom said...

Just started out in the blogging world and came across your blog while googling for eggless soft buns......Lot of variety here!! And the pictures look so good. Good work!